Friday, February 15, 2008

No Country for Old Men

Spoiler Warning

This evening Lisa and I went to see No Country for Old Men. We'd heard a whole bunch of folks talking about it, and I read some really nifty reviews, so we were off. And I really enjoyed it too. Right up until Llewellen died. From there everything was downhill.

It's not that all the scenes after Llewellen's death sucked under their own power. They could have been good. It's not that I was upset that he died. I figured he didn't have much chance against the assassin. That fucker was intense. The shit is, when Llewellen was denied a chance to do anything, I was pissed. I was invested in him. I wanted to see how his story would end. Instead I get some lame ass shit about the Mexicans killing him. The Mexicans? Seriously? They were just foils. And they killed the lead character? Off screen?

Fuck that. I hated that movie.

On the up side, the sound was occationally crapping out. So I got Lisa to complain about it and demand some free passes. We'll try again with something else on Sunday.