Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ice in LEX

Apparently airplane de-icing fluid doesn't have an indefinate shelf-life. I did not know that. Also, I knew there were multiple types of fluid, but I didn't realize there were different types for different amounts of snow and ice. Makes sense, I just didn't know it.

So, it seems that the Bluegrass Airport in Lexinton doesn't carry the heavy stuff. It's too expensive to keep around for an every-other-year occurrance. So, here I am, sitting in the airport eating an omlette that's way too expensive for what it's worth, and waiting to see what I'll be doing today and tomorrow. Will any flights get in? If so, what will they do about my schedule since I was supposed to be in Charleston, West Virginia by 2pm? If no planes do come in, when will schedueling get around to releasing us back to our hotel?

I love being a flight attendant on small aircraft. Seriously. No sarcasm intended. I couldn't work a 9-5 job. No excitement.